Top wellness tips for feeling your best is a question I often get asked. Exploring your best means so many different things to us all. I feel my best when we have achieved another week with my little family safe, happy, healthy and feeling their best. I always feel so good after working out and practising yoga. How are you feeling? Like, feeling? Feeling good, as a health copywriter doesn't cut it for me. I'm trying to feel fantastic, daily. I know how short life can be and I'm here to live every moment as if it were gold. Here are a few health and wellness tips that help keep me grounded, balanced and fantastic, most of the time.
Top Wellness Tips
Mentally and physically cleanse to create the space within to soak up the best of your family and achievements.
Balance your work, life, diet, well-being, exercise, friends.
Inspire, create and empower yourself daily.
Practice diaphragmatic breathing several times throughout the day.
Exercise to allow your body to do what it loves doing - moving.
Get involved and adequately play with your kids on their level.
Drop all expectations and judgment on yourself and others, especially your children.
Be grateful for something every day.
Load up on green salads, veggies, healthy fats and good quality protein to nourish your body.
Surround yourself with people who uplift, support and empower you to live to your most real and fullest potential.
Health tips and nourishing your body can sometimes be overwhelming. My job as a naturopath is to clarify which whole foods your health condition needs feeding. "Where do I start?" "What should I be doing to get healthier?" "How can I get all these healthy things done in a day?" Sound familiar? I know, I've been there myself and it is overwhelming. Let's break it all down to ten daily tips.
10 Health Tips To Do Daily
1. Start your day with an alkalising mug of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a slice of ginger.
2. Exercise for thirty minutes or more, enough to get a sweat going.
3. Manage stress with yoga, meditation, positive thinking and deep breathing.
4. Drink 2 litres of pure water or herbal tea.
5. Veg every plate up with a double handful of fresh vibrantly colourful veggies, herbs and salads.
6. Base your diet on whole foods, anti-inflammatory and alkalizing foods.
7. Eat wholegrains - brown rice, millet, rye, quinoa or oats.
8. Pack in the protein - salmon, beans, lentils, quinoa, chicken and occasional red meat.
9. Choose a few pieces of low fructose fruit every day – berries, apple, grapefruit, orange or pear.
10. Escalate healthy fats - the heaped tablespoon of ground seeds or a tablespoon of cold-pressed seed oil.
Foods To Remove From Your Diet
Alcohol, animal fats and processed foods.
Fried and burnt foods.
Cordials and soft drinks.
White processed table salt and processed pepper.
It can be tough to remove some of these items from your diet if you have enjoyed them for most of your life. Be kind to yourself as you transition towards a healthier diet and lifestyle.
"You can achieve anything you want in life if you dare to dream it, the intelligence to make a realistic plan, and the will to see that plan through to the end" Sidney A. Friedman
Last but not least, fill your life with good people, good vibes, happiness and a positive outlook.